Thanks for visiting. Subsribe to be notified when an article is available and visit back for more exiting articles on CHIP $9 computer, Android OTG home automation and many more
Mackenthun’s is a retailer in Waconia, MN, a family owned retail market which started in early 19th century. The goal of the Mackenthun’s project is to build a site that is not only modern and responsive but provides them the ability of maintaining customer loyalty programs / memberships, bring digital and printable coupons for customers and many other cool features by leveraging what’s already in Supervalu’s own banner websites armory.
• Developed in AEM 6.1 using Sightly for component development and Angular templates for smooth front end to AEM handoff
• Effectively used latest sling models api features in developing Sightly models
• Involved in all phases of development from mockups to QA handoff
• Worked closely with project manager in estimations and task distribution among team members
Culinary circle is one of 11 privately owned brands of Supervalu. Culinary Circle offers great selections of foods in a wide array of categories. The increasing need of responsive site to broaden the customer reach drove the project. This project is also a base to bring other private brands over to the visually rich platform.
• Developed in AEM 6.1 using maven architype 10 and Sightly for component development
• Implemented recipe sharing via Pinterest and Facebook
• Made Supervalu’s first responsive site a huge success
• Singled handed the project from AEM side from comps to go live
• Well designed and implemented the base to easily create sites for other private brands
It was a challenging time supporting Supervalu’s internal and external portals. There are 3 internal sites, 2 limited access public sites and 7 public facing sites for the 7 privately owned banners. Support engineers are responsible from dealing with small end user complaints to server upgrades
• Redesigned a lot of pieces and to bring stabilization and to keep up with constantly changing project environment
• Author content for the website based on business request
• Developed and Integrated a recipe posting block in the existing mySupervalu site
• Designed and developed user role synch process to un cluster publishing instances using AEM workflows and Launchers mechanism
• Upgraded all internal sites servers from CQ 5.5 to AEM 5.6.1
• Upgraded all banner sites servers from AEM 5.6.0 to 5.6.1
• Tracked down and resolved numerous technical issues and provided permanent resolution wherever possible
eSigns And Labels application provides retail grocery business the ability to print shelf signs within a store. It allows us to create and maintain our own sign layouts so we can design our own ways of communicating prices or promotions to the customers. The role of interfaces in the application is to integrate it with source systems which send item prices and promotion data. Interfaces play a vital role as it ensures that updated prices or latest promotions reach stores on time and appears on the shelves which directly impact the shopping decisions of customers in retail stores.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Plan, design, and implement application database code objects, such as stored procedures and SSIS packages
• Develop new processes to facilitate importing of data files, perform cleansing and represent data in application understandable format
• Work with business stakeholders, application developers, production teams and cross functional units to identify business needs and discuss solution options
• Coordinate with cross functional teams to ensure timely focus on deliverables
• Bring relevant teams into action in case of production issues in pilot and resolve them
• Identify frequently occurring issues and provide permanent solution or automation
mySUPERVALU and myALBERTSONS is an integrated online workplace designed to provide a robust portfolio of services, applications and communications tools. These portals enables associates to easily access and share information with departments and organizations across the company. The purpose of migrating the portal to CQ5 is to add the power of web content management to it. This way content author will have superior control over the website and can eliminate developer need to a great extent. Purpose of the portal migration also includes proving CQ5 capability to integrate with LDAP, Share point and Google search appliance (GSA) and provide role based authentication to applications hosted by portal
• Was involved in development of content pages using CQ5/AEM components, JSP and jQuery
• Developed components and base templates with the objective of the functionalities implemented and the layout of the page
• Built the complete CSS for site from scratch to keep CSS in CQ5 standard and avoid in-line styles
• Developed news center component to fetch posts and comments from sharepoint by consuming SOAP based web services exposed by share point
• Integrated site with LDAP and Open SSO for authentication
• Developed my Applications component to display role based links for authenticated user using CQ5/AEM users and groups concepts
• Developed Entitlement dialog for my applications to display entitlement groups dynamically in a drop down list using JSON
SVHarbor is a unified platform that enables Supervalu’s vendors, business partners and stores to access a number of secured applications to perform a wide range of operations like ordering, reporting, invoices, vendor registrations, secure communications and many more. This was re developed in AEM to retire the WebLogic version of it.
• Re-created large number of unauthenticated pages of SVPublic section using re-usable components
• Utilized DAM to serve informational and self-help documents
• Integrated a number of tomcat applications that servers Alerts, mails, favorites etc.
• Deployed in a shared author environment to save cost and isolated code/content using replication agent user setup